Woking School staff encourages parents and caregivers, who would like to volunteer at the school, to get involved. There is always room for an extra pair of hands in the classroom, library, office, on field trips or during special events. If you would like to volunteer a few hours a day, week or month during the year, please contact the school secretary or any of the teachers.
We would like to draw your attention to the Volunteer Code of Ethics that we request all parents to abide by while in a volunteer capacity:
Volunteer’s Code of Ethics
Parent and community volunteers are always welcome at Woking School. We need your support if we are to offer the best educational programs possible. We need also to ensure that work done by volunteers be as positive as possible for the volunteer, the teacher, and above all, the student. Thus we would request that you read and agree to the following:
- A) Few parents enjoy hearing discussions regarding their child’s negative behavior or school difficulties. For this reason, it is imperative that you respect the confidentiality of the classroom. If you do note something that you feel the staff needs to be aware of, please discuss the matter with the classroom teacher involved.
- B) While all volunteers are greatly appreciated, we may not be able to make use of your contribution in the way you wish. Thus, the teacher will assign tasks to volunteers that are in the best educational interests of children.
- C) Practice tolerance and respect toward the students and teachers with whom you are in contact. Be sensitive to the teaching role.
- D) Notify the teacher in advance if you would like to volunteer in the classroom.
- E) Please understand the classroom is designed as a place of learning. Younger children are very distracting to a class and cannot be accommodated in the classroom.
You will be required to sign a Volunteer Form before volunteering at the school. Please check with the School Administration prior to your first session.
The staff and students of Woking School are very appreciative of all the parents and community members who help out around our school! We couldn't do it without you!